Fogra Graphic Technology Research Association has certified HELIOS WebShare UB2 in combination with the Eizo ColorEdge CG245W and CG275W color proofing monitors for producing soft proofs in compliance with FOGRA39 conditions. The new FograCert 25486 confirms that the HELIOS UB2 web solution fulfills the requirements of the FograCert Softproofing System with three Eizo ColorEdge monitor configurations to "achieve high-quality visual matches between a display and a reference.
HELIOS fast and secure managed file transfer and browser-based remote collaboration for print preview and markup accelerates print industry soft proof workflows while enabling Pre-Press providers as well as small and large commercial printers and their customers to save time and money.
The Fogra certification includes HELIOS WebShare in use with HELIOS PrintPreview UB2. The combination enables fast and secure managed file transfer and remote collaboration to generates soft proofs simulating the FOGRA39 printing condition, displayed on three Eizo ColorEdge monitors: a CG245W using its built-in Calibration Sensor, a CG245W using an X-Rite i1 spectrophotometer, and a CG275W using its built-in Calibration Sensor. These monitor proofs are measured against a reference print in a JUST colorCommunicator 2 viewing booth.
The three new Fogra Certifications add to the list of official certificates earned by HELIOS proofing solutions. In 2009, the IPA (International Prepress Association) Proofing RoundUP confirmed that HELIOS WebShare proofing produced excellent results on a remote non-PostScript Epson R2880 inkjet printer. In 2010, HELIOS WebShare UB+ earned its first FograCert certifications for soft proofs in compliance with FOGRA39.
Benefits of the HELIOS WebShare UB2 remote proof solution include:
- Fogra certified remote soft proofs accelerate approval workflows, replacing print proofs
- Eizo ColorEdge CG245W and CG275W proof monitors include build-in ICC calibration (no need for additional measurement devices/solutions)
- Web browser based solution is very easy to use -- no need to install software
- Multi-user threaded annotation system allows markups with discussions
- No hidden proofing costs or "click charges" as remote proofing is an integral part of HELIOS WebShare and the PrintPreview add-on.
HELIOS Server Solution Suite can be found on the HELIOS web site www.helios.de