BBC Worldwide today announced the launch of Earth Unplugged a new YouTube channel from BBC Earth, BBC Worldwide's global natural history brand. The channel will feature a feast of new films created for a digital audience by BBC Earth Productions and is set to become a destination site for wildlife and nature. Earth Unplugged is BBC Worldwide's first original-content channel for YouTube and forms part of the company's plans to build a true consumer facing multi-channel network on the platform.
Amanda Hill, Managing Director for BBC Earth at BBC Worldwide said "With Earth Unplugged we're seeking to connect a new audience with the world around them. YouTube offers a fantastic opportunity to reach people and grab their attention with innovative nature content that will captivate and inspire."
Visit the new Earth Unplugged channel and view the trailer here: YouTube.com/EarthUnplugged. On launch the channel will feature videos for seven unmissable new shows:
• Earth Juice will bring viewers weekly news discussing the latest discoveries in the natural world and revealing amazing facts that they may never have heard before: from bees that have produced blue honey to uncovering the real life vampires in the animal kingdom.
• Meet My Planet is a glossy and intimate look inside the world of people who have been inspired by the natural world. We'll hear from a fascinating mix of people from explorers, naturalists and filmmakers to artists and musicians – all of whom have a passion for nature.
• Deadliest... is a YouTube exclusive spin-off of the BBC's immensely popular TV show Deadly 60 and features the ultimate showdowns from the planet's deadliest animals; the most inhospitable habitats and most dangerous forces of nature.
• Walking with Dinosaurs will see videos specially created for Earth Unplugged - including the soon-to-be-favourite sketchasaurus - the ultimate destination for dino fans with an enticing mix of fun, fear and facts!
• Earth Files takes iconic nature stories and gives them a unique digital makeover, fusing high-end graphics and surprising music with beautiful photography to create a brand new experience.
• Zoo La La will travel the world uncovering some of the most extraordinary animal behaviour and Bugface, part of Zoo La La, makes insects the star of a new show that has to be seen to be believed!
• Amazing Animal Babies is a must for anyone needing a weekly uplift! Featuring stunning films of cute baby animals Amazing Animal Babies will reveal the extraordinary stories these infants have to tell.
Chinese Hackers Spied on European Officials Prior to the G20 summit in September, Chinese hackers sent e-mails laced with malware to the ministry computers of at least five European officials, according to research firm FireEye.
Enterprise Hardware Spotlight
Dell Targets Educational Market with a Chromebook The latest in a string of PC manufacturers to bring a Google Chromebook to the market is Dell. The company's Chromebook 11 is aimed at students and teachers, and will only be available to schools.
HP Updates ConvergedSystems for Data Centers Updated ConvergedSystems and Converged Storage for virtualization, cloud and big data from HP offer faster implementation and lower costs for the next-gen data centers, the company says.
Mobile Technology Spotlight
A New Brand Name Powers Wireless Charging The tech industry's Alliance for Wireless Power is going where no charging technology has gone before. The alliance has debuted a brand, Rezence, to serve as the official name for its wireless power technology.
Smartphone Gift-Giving: Navigating the Maze So you're ready to buy a new smartphone for your loved one. Which do you choose? You have to decide whether to buy the phone outright or go the route of buying a carrier-subsidized one with a contract.